When we are inspecting mold, the most common discussed topic about mold is the moisture and the effects mold can cause to our health. It is important for the renter or even the homeowner to be prepared and be able to recognize the presence of mold before poor health affects you and your family. Here are some great tips when it comes to mold inspection in the Sandusky area.
When your body breaths in the mold cells, your body’s immune system is trying to destroy the mold just like when we get the cold and our body is trying to fight it. Common symptoms could include a runny nose, headaches, scratchy throat, or can cause sneezing. Your airways to your lungs could even become partially close because of the indoor mold. This can be a huge problem if you have allergies as well. Mold can trigger asthma episodes if you are not careful. If you ingest or inhale large doses of certain molds, this could result in poisoning caused by the toxins in the mold cells.
The two most common molds that can cause health problems are black molds and also green molds. Green molds or known as Aspergillus can be linked to allergies as well as having a serious infection called Aspergillosis. This can be found in the ears, lungs, nose, or even the eyes. This could be caused by inhaling the green mold as a result of being exposed to moisture.
Black mold or known as Stachybotrys, is a very rapidly growing mold. Stachybotrys can grow on wet carpets, walls, drywall, ceiling, and many other places in your home. Professional testing this mold need to be sure the mold is not toxic to them. Although not all black molds are toxic, you should not risk the chance. When removing black mold, this should only be done by a professional. The key to controlling mold is moisture. Mold can not grow if moisture is not present. If you do find mold, be sure to find the source to what is causing the mold so that it won’t come back after you have cleaned the area.
The first thing you should do when removing mold in your home is to examine the mold to determine what type of species the mold is, if it is present, and the level of removal that will be needed to remove the mold. Most times this will lead to moving furniture, wallpaper, carpets, or even the drywall. Also with some cases, especially when people inside the home are experiencing symptoms of illness, sampling the mold may be performed to help perform any extra cleaning required.
You can also clean the mold up yourself with bleach if there is a small amount. However, make sure to wear a respirator and even have protective clothing on. In almost every case, you are just better off to leave the job to the mold experts. Mold professionals have the right equipment and knowledge to remove the mold. You should address your mold problem within 24 to 48 hours after you have seen the mold.
© 2019 RestorePro Inc. Powered by Spot On Solutions.