Risks Of Handling Mold Damage On Your Own

Mold found in your Sandusky homes can be very dangerous to your health. Mold reproduces and grows through spores. Mold spores are basically like little microscopic seeds that cannot be seen by the naked eye. If mold spores are ingested or inhaled, they can cause a lot of respiratory problems. Since mold spores travel through the air, they can affect the air quality throughout the entire home. Only trained professionals like those at Restore Pro should handle mold removal. Still not convinced? Here is a list of reasons why you do not want to deal with mold removal on your own.

mold removal sandusky

  • Personal Protective Wear

Because mold spores are microscopic and travel through the air, they are easily ingested and inhaled. Without special precautions and protective gear, you are susceptible to the effects of mold. Hours of training go into mold protections, and professional technicians are even fitted for respirators. There are even certain ways to get in and out of personal protective wear in order to prevent the spread or inhalation of mold. To protect yourself and those around you from indoor mold, you need professional protective wear and proper training. 

  • Proper Equipment

Specialized supplies and equipment for mold removal are needed to properly remove mold. Air filtration devices are used to create negative air pressure and prevent mold spores from traveling to other areas, and keep other contaminants from entering the affected area. Armed with the correct equipment, mold removal is not only done more effectively, but more efficiently also, getting your life back to normal much faster.

  • Experience and Expertise

Mold removal professionals often find that mold problems can lead to more complications. Each job will pose different obstacles, threats, and surprises. With experience and training on their side, professionals know how to handle each and every scenario mold damage may pose. They also have the proper resources to use as references and guides if needed. When it comes to your home and property, you want to be sure that it is receiving the best care. The experience and expertise of professional mold removal companies will ensure that your home is taken care of, and that the removal process is done right.

  • Avoid Health Risks

By calling a professional mold removal company, you can avoid some serious health risks caused by mold. Because mold spores are so very small, they can overwhelm our body’s natural defenses and leave the lungs and respiratory system at risk of allergies, asthma, and infections. Some common symptoms of mold exposure are:

      • Wheezing and difficulty breathing
      • Sinus and nasal congestion
      • Itching, burning, reddening, and watery eyes
      • Cough
      • Sore throat
      • Shortness of breath
      • Rashes and skin irritation
      • Headaches
      • Fever
      • Fatigue

It is not worth the risk when it comes to your health, or the health of your family members. Do not risk exposure; let trained professionals remove the mold problem and leave your home safe and mold free.

If you suspect that you have a mold problem, or if you can see visible signs of mold growth in your home or business, call the experts at Restore Pro. With hundreds of mold removal projects under our belts in Sandusky, as well as extensive training from the top certification schools, our mold removal professionals know all there is to know about how to completely and safely remove mold.