Fire & Smoke Damage Cleanup
When you have a fire in your home or commercial building, the after effects can be devastating. Not only are you dealing with damaged property and belongings, but your daily life is interrupted and your sense of security is taken away. You deserve to return to normalcy and have safety restored.
That’s why it’s critical that you call RestorePro right away. Cleanup must begin immediately in order to prevent permanent damage to your belongings from smoke & soot. Our service professionals will work quickly to stop the damage and restore your home and personal contents back to their pre-damaged condition by using our state-of-the-art cleaning systems and equipment carried out by experienced, educated service professionals.
Smoke odors can be difficult to remove due to its penetration and absorption into building materials. RestorePro’s expert service providers have the knowledge, products and equipment to permanently remove these stubborn odors. Make sure to place your RestorePro phone number next to your emergency numbers and call us for an estimate of damage repair in the event of a fire or smoke damage.
Get Ahold Of Your Local Restoration Experts at RestorePro
The RestorePro Difference
RestorePro can cleanup and repair your property after suffering a fire loss.
RestorePro restoration professionals will assess and repair the fire damage as well as smoke and soot damage. You may also have water damage from firefighting efforts, and we can help with that, too.
RestorePro technicians are all IICRC trained & certified. This means that they have had a formal education in fire damage restoration and health and safety procedures. They have certificates of continuing education on new techniques and technology and technician certification. All RestorePro service personnel have worker and liability coverage. They are experienced in the restoration field.
RestorePro Service Professionals use state-of-the-art equipment and technology to restore your property as quickly as possible. And you can rely on RestorePro to provide emergency response and quick professional service 24-hours a day, every day of the year.
Each instance of fire damage is different, so every restoration strategy has to be tailored to the circumstances. Restoring your property and possessions after fire damage can be frustrating, but with RestorePro, an IICRC-Certified Firm, you can be sure that the job is conducted according to high industry standards, and finished as soon as possible.
Hear From Our Customers
“John and his team are extremely knowledgeable and understanding of their client’s needs. They always return your calls and make your property their first priority.”
– Alaina Mehling
“Very happy with how fast RestorePro responded to our emergency. Needed them on a Sunday morning and they had a team ready to go. Very friendly too. Will be happy to recommend them.”
– Michael Morris
Act Quickly to Restore Your Property After a Fire
Restoring a structure that has fire damage—scorching, smoke odor, and soot residue—is a complex situation. Since some damage can keep spreading, the quicker it is tackled, the less time and cost it will take to restore it. Unfortunately, nothing can restore a badly scorched item.
Sometimes, however, slight scorching can be remedied. Smoke residue is acidic and will eventually corrode some surfaces and leave permanent stains. It also can permeate cracks in the walls, ceilings, and floors and leave an odor that is very difficult to remove unless it’s treated swiftly. RestorePro has the skill, training, and equipment to restore many things to pre-fire condition and eliminate the expense of replacing items.
RestorePro’s experienced, certified technicians use the best of professional cleaning products and state-of-the-art technology, including ozone deodorization, to restore your property and eliminate odors. We work with you to lessen your losses and with your insurance agent to expedite your claim.
What to do before RestorePro arrives
- Stay calm! Call RestorePro.
- Inventory the contents.
- Open all windows.
- Blow, carefully brush or vacuum loose soot from carpet, drapes, and upholstered furniture.
- Be sure your hands are always clean. You don’t want to spread the soot around.
- Close doors on affected areas to slow down spread of smoke odor.
- Wipe off metal items to prevent tarnishing
- Wipe down bath fixtures so that the soot doesn’t etch them (smoke is acidic).
- Empty the freezer and the refrigerator completely if electricity is off. Prop open doors.
- Remove pets (especially birds) to clean environments
- Change the HVAC filter
- Turn on your heating and air conditioning system if it is not currently on.
- Tape damp cheesecloth over air registers. This will keep the soot in the air out of the system.
- Professionally clean upholstery, drapes, carpets, walls, and all other contents.
- Clean and protect trim and hardware on kitchen and bathroom fixtures and appliances.
- Clean and protect bathroom fixtures from smoke damage.
- Gently wash plants on both sides of leaves with water.
DO NOT. . .
- Don’t attempt to wipe or wash the walls, ceilings, or other absorbent surfaces. Soot needs specialized attention to be removed successfully. (That’s what RestorePro does.)
- Don’t sit or lie on upholstered furniture if possible.
- Don’t use exposed food goods or canned goods that have been subject to excessive heat.
- Don’t use TVs, stereos, or any other electrical appliances until cleaned and checked, this includes ceiling fixtures if the ceiling is wet.
- Don’t send smoked garments to an ordinary dry cleaner, because improper cleaning may set the smoke/odor.
- Don’t walk on carpets and floors unless you put down clean sheets or towels. You don’t want to grind the soot in or carry it to other areas on your feet.
© 2020 RestorePro Inc. Powered by Spot On Solutions.