When an indoor environment becomes wet and is left unattended for an extended amount of time (sometimes as little as 48 hours) mold growth can occur. And the longer that materials and belongings remain wet, the bigger the mold problem becomes. Every minute that mold growth on building materials remains in a home or office the risks to the occupants health and safety increases.
And here’s why: Mold spores are very tiny and lightweight which allows them to become airborne and travel through the air very easily. And because the spores are so very, very small they can overwhelm the human body’s natural defenses and leave the lungs and the respiratory system at risk of allergies, asthma and infections. The most susceptible individuals to health risks include infants, children, the elderly, and immune compromised individuals such as those undergoing chemotherapy or suffering from liver disease.
If you suspect that you have a mold problem or if you can SEE visible signs of mold growth in your home or business – Call the Experts at Restorepro. With hundreds of mold removal projects under our belts as well as by receiving training from the country’s top certification schools, our mold removal professionals know all there is to know about how to completely and safely remove your mold problems.
Mold is not always evident, and even if you do see some mold, it’s possible that there is additional mold growth occurring behind walls, in ceilings, and under floors. At Restorepro, we offer professional mold and indoor air quality testing to identify exactly where the mold growth is happening. Simply removing the visible mold growth isn’t going to solve your problem, and we’ll make sure even the hidden mold is found and safely removed.
Requirements for Mold Growth
A food source – such as leaves, wood, paper or dirt
A source of moisture
An optimal location (warm stagnant air)
Sources of Indoor Moisture
Damp basement or crawl spaces
House plants – watering can generate large amounts of moisture
Steam from cooking
Shower/bath steam and leaks
Wet clothes on indoor drying lines
Clothes dryer vented indoors
Combustion appliances (e.g. stoves) not exhausted to the outdoor
Common Symptoms of Health Effects Include:
Respiratory problems, such as wheezing, and difficulty in breathing